While Cor-ten（weathering steel）was originally developed for practical reasons,
landscape and garden designers love its attractive aesthetic. The patina weathering steel acquires over time blends well with stone, wood, plants, and other outdoor elements. In fact, The Wall Street Journal listed using Cor-ten as a top trend in garden design in 2019.
Using weathering steel for landscape applications is an effective way to define Spaces, create borders and privacy, and add various features to outdoor areas. The color, texture and clean lines of weathering steel make it ideal for modern landscapes and gardens. In addition, compared with other metals, it has the advantages of low maintenance cost, high strength, high durability and cost saving. In essence, weathering steel's "rusted" appearance and practical advantages make it suitable for use in places where concrete walls or other materials are not suitable.8 ways to use weathering steel in outdoor Spaces:
1. Landscape edges: Cor-ten steel landscape edges
are easy to use and are an effective way to define space around plants or on driveways and sidewalks.
2. Retaining wall: Cor-ten steel retaining wall is not only practical, but also looks clean and polished in the outdoor space. A boulder or concrete block retaining wall can do the job, but cannot achieve the modern appearance provided by the retaining wall.
3. Flowerpot box: Cor-ten steel flowerpot box
can be used in outdoor space for a variety of purposes. They are not only places to grow, but also borders or decorative barriers!
4. Elevated bed: Like flower boxes and retaining walls, Cor-ten can be used to build elevated beds or gardens. Thin edges, such as those made of weather-resistant steel, are great because raised beds don't take up extra space.
5. Fence: gate and privacy screen: The attributes and versatility of the corner make it effective to form the fence, gate and privacy screen commonly needed to complete the outdoor space.
6. Bollards: Bollards are short, sturdy pillars that create obstacles in parks, landscapes, and other outdoor Spaces. They are usually used to direct traffic and to protect pedestrians and/or property.
7. Roof and awning: Need shade? Cor-ten can be used to build roofs and awnings on outdoor Spaces.
8. Features of Water and Fire: Last but not least, the curtain can be used to build fire pits and drinking fountains. These functions are essential for outdoor Spaces for entertainment!
Ultimately, the use of weathering steel is limited only by the imagination of landscape designers, gardeners, or architects. Contact the Central Steel Service immediately to learn how to use weathering steel in your next project.
Welcome to learn more details about weathering steel.